Between now and the end of the year, we’re aiming to reach 10,000 subscribers on the Risk Bites YouTube channel, and we need your help. To find out how, click here or check out the #RiskBites10k hashtag on Twitter Otherwise, keep on reading to find out more.
Almost two years ago we launched Risk Bites–a YouTube channel dedicated to making the science behind human health risks understandable and, dare I say it, interesting. Since then, we’ve posted over 80 videos, kept viewers entertained for over 700,000 minutes (equivalent to one person watching us round the clock for 1.3 years!) and built up a dedicated following.
This is great. But we think that there are a whole bunch more people out there who would get a kick out of our videos, if only they knew we existed.
Five reasons to subscribe to Risk Bites:
- Risk Bites tackles the science behind real issues – we cover everything from Ebola to vaping and cell phones to shower gels.
- Risk Bites answers those questions you always wondered about, but never dared ask – like “are green potato chips bad for you?” or “should I worry about people peeing in the swimming pool?”
- Risk Bites videos provide unique insights into how people think about risk, tackling topics like Dread, and why people aren’t more scared of diseases like Measles.
- Risk Bites gives you the inside scoop on the latest science from the people that live this stuff.
- We take risk dead seriously at Risk Bites, but that doesn’t stop us having fun (alien blood anyone?).
Between now and the end of the year, we’ve set ourselves the task of getting 10,000 subscribers to the channel. And this is where we need your help.
- Subscribe by clicking here. It’s quick and painless. And you get notified every time we upload a new video!
- Watch our videos, and share the ones you like.
- Spread the word by Tweeting, Facebooking, Pinteresting, Tumblring, Google+ing (and here I’m making words up!) this post.
- Send people to RiskBites.com for a quick primer on the channel.
- Tell your friends, family and followers about the channel, and encourage them to subscribe
- Write articles and posts about us (if you want to know more about the videos – click here for the stiff upper lipped version, and here for the slightly more tongue in cheek one).
We’ll be updating this page periodically with progress on subscriptions (they’re currently at 3,225), so do us a favor and check back occasionally.